|Transformational Healing Practice
Patricia Guerin, RN, BSN
Holistic Nurse Healer
What to Expect After a Session
- Healing continues after the session
After a healing session you will go through a period of integration and re-balancing. The greatest part of this
will continue for at least 24 hours and more subtly, for at least a week. The work does not stop when your
session is complete. You will continue to shift, to have revelations and to process the healing energy.
- Some common experiences of this process are;
- Heightened energy and a feeling of well being
- Many clients report feeling “lighter’
- Greater clarity and an ability to get things done.
- Temporary feelings of low energy or fatigue
This can occur for someone who has spent a great deal of energy suppressing, disassociating or having
to ignore their true feelings. It also occurs in people who have trained themselves to put themselves last
and those that have been living in survival mode. The fatigue and low energy is a way to finally take the
opportunity to rest and care for oneself (help has arrived - so it is safe to put down your burdens and
catch up). In most cases this does not last more than 24-48 hours, but if it does persist, it will likely be
relieved with subsequent sessions.
- Feeling foggy or "out of it" may occur during times of tremendous inner change and when shifting of deep
- Outbursts or waves of emotion;
As re-balancing and integrating continues, you may experience waves of suppressed emotions; such as
sadness, depression, anxiety or anger rising to the surface to clear. Honour yourself by giving these feelings
time to be released. Comfort yourself. Allow for safe gentle release. Journal, take a walk, stretch, do deep
breathing exercises, drink water.
Some clients feel a greater hunger and need for comfort foods where as others feel less hungry suddenly.
Please do not judge yourself for either. They are both a natural reaction to the energy work. Recognize that
this work causes tremendous emotional and physical change and all though this is desirable it can feel
uncomfortable to our bodies as we go through this process.
- Sleep patterns and dream activity change
You may find you sleep like a log or have tremendously active and vivid dreams. In either case, work is being
done on the subconscious level. If you want to reap more conscious benefit from your sessions, pay attention to
any dream activity that you may have. Even keep a dream journal. It can give you information about your
progress and the healing process you are currently working on.
- Resurfacing of old memories
The healing process works to heal old conditioned responses, belief patterns, ancient experiences and wounds
that have caused them. As this occurs, memory is "reshuffled" and recall is much clearer. Many clients report
experience of remembering events they hadn't thought of in years. This process will bring up both happy and
unhappy memories - however, the memory of unhappy events will no longer be overwhelming, the "sting" will
have been taken out of them.
You may notice a change, relief or difference in physical symptoms that you might have been enduring. In
addition, you may be very tired after the session - especially the first day, as your body readjusts to the energy
work, muscles may be sore. Old injury sights may come up to revisit as they are energetically shifted. Don't be
concerned if old injury feelings may arise - it can be part of the process.
Energy session may cause a release in toxins that may appear as cold symptoms, body aches, chills, increased
sweating, urinating or even diarrhea.
Remember this work REALLY DOES CAUSE CHANGE.
Your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual self will be in a period of flux.
How to care for yourself after a session;
TLC IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!
TENDER LOVING CARE --- For you by you
Warm soothing soaks in a tub with Epsom salt or sea-salt, maybe lavender oil would be nice.
- Drink lots of water We are for the most part water. Water is important to help flush out the toxins. This is a
physical as well as energetic process. They are one in the same. Reconfiguring, releasing and healing cellular
memory energetic, uses water. It is easy to become dehydrated after a session. Also, if you become emotional
or feel down, try drinking more water to make your process easier. Remember we are HOLISTIC. Body, mind,
emotions and make your process easier. Remember we are HOLISTIC. Body, mind, emotions and spirit all
affected and influence one another.
- “Rescue Remedy” is a homeopathic remedy that can be found at the health food store and is very supportive.
- Allow for cravings without judgement. Gentle healthful and compassionate response to yourself is needed
during this time. If you need comfort food, eat comfort food. If you need ice cream, eat ice cream.
- Avoid crowded noisy or challenging places for the first 24 hrs., if possible.
- Steer clear of violent, senseless media input for at least the first 24 hours. Try not to violate your system while
you are in this open state of flux.
- Take walks; be outside in nature as much as possible. Stretch, do breathing exercises or breath work.
- Honour yourself by allowing time to safely release strong emotions.
- Comfort yourself. Allow for and set the intention for - safe, gentle and grace-filled release.
- Journal to document your progress and to have an outlet for sorting your feelings and any memories that may
- Gentle, healthful and compassionate attention to yourself is needed during this time.
Feel free to contact Patricia if you have a question or concern etc. email@example.com
You have embarked on a wonderful journey that is a gift to yourself, your loved ones and the world!!!!!!
What to Expect During the Healing Session
Generally sessions unfold in the following way...
- The first part of the healing session is a "discussion" that lasts any where from 20 to 30 min. This has two
Her main goal, and soul's purpose, is healing and assistance with your soul's evolutionary
- First, to establish rapport and an energetic connection. The conversation allows for becoming
comfortable, getting to know one another, establishing what you hope to be accomplished, what you
believe to be the issue or issues. Patricia will ask questions as she is guided, and compare your verbal
responses with any conflict within your emotional, mental or physical bodies.
- Secondly, Patricia will begin to read your energetic picture and the life events or situations that are
currently or historically affecting your quality of life the most. This reading for Patricia is to focus in on
what needs to be shifted, healed or understood within your consciousness. In addition, Patricia gets
guidance with how the healing needs to progress in order to do this gracefully, with ease and effectively.
At this time, Patricia may also bring clarity to the some of the lessons your soul has come to master.
- To enhance your comfort during the healing session
You will be resting on a healing table, fully clothed with your head on a pillow face up.
Soft music is generally played a sacred healing environment will have been established.
Essential oils may be used. Patricia may burn incense
Patricia will enter into a more focused and higher state of consciousness.
The energy in the room will noticeably shift. It will have a deeper more dense quality.
Your body may feel very heavy but relaxed.
Patricia will use light "safe touch" on the body or above the body.
Patricia will be working with you for approximately 40-45 min.
After the session there maybe a 5 to 10 min follow-up discussion.
Subsequent sessions are similar but expect them to last a total of approximately an hour and 15 minutes.
Optimally, try to keep your schedule lighter immediately after your session.
See below for what to expect after a session and how to care for yourself following a session
What you may experience during the healing session...
- Each person's healing experience is unique. Each subsequent session can and usually is very different from
the session before.
- Some people go completely asleep or into a deep altered consciousness, where they feel heaviness in their
body. At this time, they may be aware but in a dream-like state.
- Physical - Some people may feel pulling sensations, heat, chills, slight discomfort in different parts of your body
followed by a release of that discomfort.
- Emotional - Some might feel bliss - while others may feel different emotions. These shifting emotions may come
and go, in a safe manner (fear, anger, helplessness, resistance, defensiveness, sorrow, grief).
- Mental - One should not be surprised to have a stream of consciousness as old records and patterns may come
up as thoughts. So, some people are thinking that they are striving for calmness, yet racing thoughts come up
that you may not have looked at for years. Think of this like a tape that is being pulled up and you are working
on clearing those tapes.
- Spiritual - Many people feel a greater connection their spiritual self, their divine connection and unconditional