|Transformational Healing Practice
Patricia Guerin, RN, BSN
Holistic Nurse Healer
What to Expect After a Session
- Healing continues after the session
After a healing session you will go through a period of integration and re-balancing. The greatest part
of this will continue for at least 24 hours and more subtly, for at least a week. The work does not stop
when your session is complete. You will continue to shift, to have revelations and to process the
- Some common experiences of this process are;
- Heightened energy and a feeling of well being
- Many clients report feeling “lighter’
- Greater clarity and an ability to get things done.
- Temporary feelings of low energy or fatigue
This can occur for someone who has spent a great deal of energy suppressing, disassociating
or having to ignore their true feelings. It also occurs in people who have trained themselves to
put themselves last and those that have been living in survival mode. The fatigue and low
energy is a way to finally take the opportunity to rest and care for oneself (help has arrived - so
it is safe to put down your burdens and catch up). In most cases this does not last more than
24-48 hours, but if it does persist, it will likely be relieved with subsequent sessions.
- Feeling foggy or "out of it" may occur during times of tremendous inner change and when
shifting of deep traumatic events.
- Outbursts or waves of emotion;
As re-balancing and integrating continues, you may experience waves of suppressed emotions; such
as sadness, depression, anxiety or anger rising to the surface to clear. Honour yourself by giving
these feelings time to be released. Comfort yourself. Allow for safe gentle release. Journal, take a
walk, stretch, do deep breathing exercises, drink water.
Some clients feel a greater hunger and need for comfort foods where as others feel less hungry
suddenly. Please do not judge yourself for either. They are both a natural reaction to the energy
work. Recognize that this work causes tremendous emotional and physical change and all though this
is desirable it can feel uncomfortable to our bodies as we go through this process.
- Sleep patterns and dream activity change
You may find you sleep like a log or have tremendously active and vivid dreams. In either case, work
is being done on the subconscious level. If you want to reap more conscious benefit from your
sessions, pay attention to any dream activity that you may have. Even keep a dream journal. It can
give you information about your progress and the healing process you are currently working on.
- Resurfacing of old memories
The healing process works to heal old conditioned responses, belief patterns, ancient experiences and
wounds that have caused them. As this occurs, memory is "reshuffled" and recall is much clearer.
Many clients report experience of remembering events they hadn't thought of in years. This process
will bring up both happy and unhappy memories - however, the memory of unhappy events will no
longer be overwhelming, the "sting" will have been taken out of them.
You may notice a change, relief or difference in physical symptoms that you might have been
enduring. In addition, you may be very tired after the session - especially the first day, as your body
readjusts to the energy work, muscles may be sore. Old injury sights may come up to revisit as they
are energetically shifted. Don't be concerned if old injury feelings may arise - it can be part of the
Energy session may cause a release in toxins that may appear as cold symptoms, body aches, chills,
increased sweating, urinating or even diarrhea.
Remember this work REALLY DOES CAUSE CHANGE.
Your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual self will be in a period of flux.
How to care for yourself after a session;
TLC IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!
TENDER LOVING CARE --- For you by you
Warm soothing soaks in a tub with Epsom salt or sea-salt, maybe lavender oil would be nice.
- Drink lots of water We are for the most part water. Water is important to help flush out the toxins.
This is a physical as well as energetic process. They are one in the same. Reconfiguring, releasing
and healing cellular memory energetic, uses water. It is easy to become dehydrated after a session.
Also, if you become emotional or feel down, try drinking more water to make your process easier.
Remember we are HOLISTIC. Body, mind, emotions and make your process easier. Remember we are
HOLISTIC. Body, mind, emotions and spirit all affected and influence one another.
- “Rescue Remedy” is a homeopathic remedy that can be found at the health food store and is very
- Allow for cravings without judgement. Gentle healthful and compassionate response to yourself is
needed during this time. If you need comfort food, eat comfort food. If you need ice cream, eat ice
- Avoid crowded noisy or challenging places for the first 24 hrs., if possible.
- Steer clear of violent, senseless media input for at least the first 24 hours. Try not to violate your
system while you are in this open state of flux.
- Take walks; be outside in nature as much as possible. Stretch, do breathing exercises or breath work.
- Honour yourself by allowing time to safely release strong emotions.
- Comfort yourself. Allow for and set the intention for - safe, gentle and grace-filled release.
- Journal to document your progress and to have an outlet for sorting your feelings and any memories
that may arise.
- Gentle, healthful and compassionate attention to yourself is needed during this time.
Feel free to contact Patricia if you have a question or concern etc. firstname.lastname@example.org
You have embarked on a wonderful journey that is a gift to yourself, your loved ones and the
Please contact Patricia with any additional questions or concerns
by e-mail email@example.com or by phone at (845)596-5885.
|Remember this work
REALLY DOES CAUSE
Your physical, mental,
emotional and spiritual self
will be in a period of flux.